We are pleased to offer several types of dental restorations–dental crowns included. A dental crown is a cap shaped like a tooth that can restore the size, shape, strength, and overall look of a damaged tooth. Our dentist is pleased to offer cosmetic dental crowns, which are very popular due to the many uses they offer your smile:
– Restoring function and appearance to a severely worn or broken tooth
– Supporting a large dental filling placed on a tooth that has little dental structure
– Protecting a weak tooth so that it doesn’t break
– Keeping a cracked tooth whole
– Anchoring the ends of a dental bridge to your mouth
– Improving the appearance of a discolored or misshapen tooth
– Completing a dental implant
– Enhancing a tooth overall
The typical life of a dental crown is about five to 15 years, depending on how much wear and tear the crown suffers, as well as the health of your dental hygiene and oral habits. Your crown may not last as long if you have a habit of grinding your teeth, chewing ice, or gnawing on your fingernails.
To learn more about our custom dental crowns in Tucson, Arizona, and how they can enhance your smile overall, please contact Lawrence Gerhart DDS at 520-326-5442 and arrange your visit with our dentist, Dr. Lawrence Gerhart.