If your smile requires a dental filling, it is important to determine which filling is best for you. Typically, Dental fillings are needed if you have severe tooth decay and cavities. An effective option for removing cavities includes tooth-colored composites. The benefits of tooth-colored composites include the following:
– Tooth-colored composites can blend in with your smile and will not leave a shiny exterior as dental amalgams do.
– Composite fillings are tooth-colored in appearance and can be shaded to match the color of your natural teeth.
– Composite fillings are extremely effective at small cavities and can be used in situations where amalgams will not work due to the size of the cavity.
– Composite fillings do not contain any mercury.
– Composite fillings can be repaired and replaced without removing the original filling, whereas amalgams must be removed each time a replacement is required.
– Tooth-colored composites are better sealants of the margins of your teeth, and will not leak as dental amalgams often can.
If you suffer from a cavity and tooth decay, contact Lawrence Gerhart DDS at 520-326-5442 to see if a composite filling treatment is right for you. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. Lawrence Gerhart and our team at our dentist office in Tucson, Arizona, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Make the change you seek in yourself today!