Drawing the line between dental veneers and dental crowns can be difficult. If you had to choose just one of the services to improve your oral aesthetics, both answers would be correct, as they both can improve the look of your smile, and preference should be determined on a case-by-case basis. For example:
The perks of dental veneers are:
– Veneers can be attached to teeth with far less dental enamel removal than is required for dental crowns.
– Veneers are excellent choices for teeth that need an additional layer of coverage to conceal minor malocclusions or alignment issues, including spacing issues with teeth.
– Veneers can be sized, shaped and customized using thin shells for each tooth’s needs.
The perks of dental crowns are:
– Dental crowns will not only improve the look of your teeth, they can be adjusted and designed to help correct and protect issues with each tooth.
– Dental crowns are highly effective at capping and concealing teeth that run the risk of future damage.
– Dental crowns can cover previous service work done to teeth, including root canals, dental fillings, and dental implants.
If you would like to discuss a crown or veneer treatment with Dr. Lawrence Gerhart and the rest of our team here at Lawrence Gerhart DDS, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Tucson, Arizona. Our number is 520-326-5442. We look forward to helping you decide which options will work best in your quest for a whiter smile.